We are delighted to announce that on the 14th September Ofsted arrived to carry out a full inspection of all our centres and have graded us as a GOOD Provider! This means that we have been consistently good since our very first inspection in 2008! We are, of course, very proud of this achievement and would like to thank all of those who have supported us through the years. Below are just some of the key points mentioned in our latest Ofsted report:
- A consistent characteristic of all learners’ experience at SWRAC learning centres is that they feel safe and know who to contact about any personal concerns. They are well aware of the support available from staff and seek it out when needed.
- Learners with high needs like attending the learning centres in Boscombe and Dorchester and have made new friends.
- Inspectors met with learners with high needs who had overcome significant barriers to learning, particularly related to anxiety, as a result of the care and support provided by SWRAC’s staff.
- All learner benefit from an improved knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, including e-safety and sexual harassment. They can articulate this clearly and in some depth.
- Learners’ self-confidence grows as a result of participating in group discussions. They share their views and ask questions. They feel safe and know who to contact about any concerns.
To view our full report click here